Soccer, dance, tennis, football, baseball, lacrosse—our kids have a lot going on! And while there are so many virtues to athletics and team sports, these activities can take a toll on growing bodies. Regular chiropractic care can help your young athlete in more ways than one.
FIVE BENEFITS OF CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR ATHLETES
There are reasons that professional sports teams often have a chiropractor on staff. Here are four benefits of chiropractor care for athletes at any age:
- Better performance. Training can be intense, and keeping bodies strong and healthy with proper alignment and range of motion gives them room to heal themselves.
- Improved range of motion. Tightness in the joints and muscles can limit range of motion and create more opportunity for injury. Chiropractic care can help athletes stay flexible, with reduced stiffness and full range of motion.
- Pain relief. Feeling sore after a sports event isn’t uncommon, and chiropractic care offers a drug-free way to relieve aches and pains.
- Faster recovery time. Tools of the trade can help relax and stretch muscles and joints for faster recovery windows.
- Injury prevention. Keeping the body flexible and aligned can help minimize risk of injury.
Dr. McSweeney uses a mix of therapies to help young athletes stay strong and healthy, including low-level laser, percussive, massage, and manual stretching, in addition to adjustments as appropriate.
Here’s what a young athlete shared with our practice:
“I had a bilateral groin strain that wasn’t getting better, even with PT. It had been almost six weeks, and tryouts for high school were getting closer, but I still couldn’t run without pain. We came to Dr. McSweeney for the laser, and within two weeks, I was feeling a big difference. She showed me stretches to do at home and I was able to make try outs and get a spot on the team after not playing for the whole summer.”
Chiropractic can be a wonderful complement to your young athlete’s care, both for injury prevention and injury management. Learn more about what Dr. McSweeney can do for your son or daughter. Schedule an appointment today.