Aches and pains during pregnancy aren’t unusual, but that doesn’t mean they’re pleasant. As your belly grows to accommodate your developing baby, your spine and pelvis are under increasing pressure. And that means low back pain. Fortunately, regular chiropractic care during your pregnancy can help, and in more ways than one. If you’re looking for a pregnancy chiropractor in Reno, Dr. Lynelle McSweeney should be first on your list.
BLAME IT ON THE BELLY
Low back pain during pregnancy can be chalked up to a few different culprits.
- That belly! Your ever-growing abdomen is one of the big reasons you’re dealing with low back pain. As your belly expands, you may be arching your back to compensate – even if you don’t realize it.
- Changes to your pelvis. As your body prepares for delivery, it releases hormones that soften ligaments. And those softening ligaments can impact the alignment of your pelvis, particularly with the additional weight of your belly.
- Adaptations to your posture. As your posture changes to accommodate your belly, your spine can be inadvertently – and often negatively – impacted.
HOW CAN CHIROPRACTIC HELP?
Alignment and balance in your spine and pelvis is particularly important during pregnancy. Not only will you feel much better after addressing pain in the back, neck and joints, chiropractic care during pregnancy can actually benefit your growing baby, too.
- A pelvis that’s out of alignment means less space for your baby. This restriction of space is what’s known as intrauterine constraint.
- A misaligned pelvis can also made it challenging for your baby to get into the best position for delivery. That increases the likelihood that your baby moves into a breech or posterior position, which isn’t ideal.
There are other reasons that chiropractic care is a great option during your pregnancy. It’s been shown to help control symptoms of nausea, which is wonderful if you’re struggling with morning sickness. It can also reduce the amount of time spent in labor and delivery, and it can help you maintain a stronger, healthier pregnancy. All that, and you’ll feel better, too!
DR. MCSWEENEY, RENO’S PREGNANCY CHIROPRACTOR
Even if you’ve never been to a chiropractor before, pregnancy is a good time to begin. As a mom of three herself, Dr. McSweeney understands what you’re going through, and she’s here to help you feel better. Schedule your first appointment now to learn how Dr. McSweeney can make a big difference during your pregnancy. And congratulations!